Happy Sunday, bookworms!
This post is not totally bookish as you can probably tell by the title. xD But, I recently was nominated for the Liebster award twice! I thought that was kind of funny, but answering these questions will be very fun! Thank you, Esmeralda + Alabama. 🙂
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions from the person who nominated you.
- Give between five and eleven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 fellow bloggers with less than or around 200 followers.
- Last, but certainly not least, ask your nominees between five and eleven questions.
Now, let’s get started!
Esmeralda’s Questions –
What is something you are passionate about?
Hmm, this is somewhat difficult. I guessed I’d saying I am passionate about encouraging others. It’s something that I’ve always done as a child (don’t ask me what sparked it; I have no clue xD) and just kept it up ever since. There’s something satisfying about blessing someone in different ways.
What are things (either content or story trope) that lead to choose not to finish a movie or book?
I had to refrain from making my answer an essay because I can get on my high-horse, haha. But 3 things that lead me to not finishing a book or movie include: lack of descriptions or too many descriptions, barely any dialogue, or hints of something related to LGBT.
What are your three current favorite blogs? You know, the ones that make you smile whenever you see a new post from them pop ups in your inbox.)
This is a REALLY hard question because I follow a lot of blogs that make me smile! But, I can only pick three. *sigh* Okay, my three current favorite blogs include: Precious & Redeemed, Ryan Elizabeth Writes, and Vibrant for Jesus.
Phew, I made it! By the way, do check out these blogs. They’re amazing!
If you had to choose between black-and-white photography and color photography, which would you choose? Why?
Okay, this is the easiest question asked so far. xD Definitely color photography. I am one who likes a lot of color, as they are just pleasing to the eye and helps with my visualization.
What is a book/movie that you think everyone should read/watch? Why?
Oh my goodness! Another easy question. Hands-down, I think everyone should read the “Code of Silence” trilogy by Tim Shoemaker. The books are absolutely amazing! They’re intriguing and has fantastic suspense, which keeps the reader on their toes and not wanting to put the book down. It’s a great feeling!
Does eating and drinking distract you while you are doing schoolwork/blogging, or does it help you focus?
Actually, I do not really know. When I do school or work on blogging, I usually just have my water cup with me. I’m not much of a snacky person.
What is a current political issue that you have strong feelings about?
LGBTQ. Enough said.
That was fun! Definitely mind-boggling, haha.
Alabama’s Questions –
How many books do you have on your shelf?
Currently, I have 20 books on my shelf. I used to have more, but I just gave away some books that I’m not reading anymore to the Goodwill. However, I am planning to replace them by purchasing more. You don’t even know how long my bookmark list is. xD
What was the first book you read in 2021?
The first book that I read this year was “Two Cool for School” by Belle Payton.
Do you go to public school, private school, or are you homeschooled?
I attend a public charter school online. Though I do it at home, it’s not considered homeschooled since it still is a public school; it’s just online. Still have to deal with people, ha-ha. 🙄😂
If you had a choice to read A Time to Die series or The Rangers Apprentice series, which would you choose? (It doesn’t matter if you’ve read them or not.)
I have not read either series, but I think I’d choose “The Rangers Apprentice” series. A lot of people that I follow have talked about it and it sounds like it could be good.
What would be the ideal instrument of your choice?
Probably the violin. I used to play it when I was in 7th grade, and I’d love to pick it up again.
Which song makes you dance every time?
Hmmm, this is kind of hard. *scrolls through playlist* I do listen to music, but I’m not a music lover like my Sister. But, I’d say Sitting Duck, squeeda – Never Ending. This song is on my favorite Chillhop playlist, “Friends Circle”.
Which song makes you sing every time?
When I listen to music, I don’t really like to sing; I dislike people hearing me. 😆
Cold or warm colours?
Definitely warm colors!
Which character in any book or movie do you most relate to?
Much-Afraid from “Hind’s Feet on High Places” by Hannah Hurnard (check this book out!).
Which character in the Bible do you most look up to?
After participating in the National Bible Bee Summer Study last year, I’d say Joseph. I want to trust God more, like he did, no matter what the circumstances are.
How many books do you have on your shelf at this moment?
Ha-ha, this is the first question re-worded! 😂 But I can say it again; 20.
Wow, that was a lot of fun! Now, here’s the difficult part…giving 11 random facts. Let’s see if I’ll make it.
- A word that I say very often, and I don’t even know why, is ‘kale.’
- I now follow 35 blogs on WordPress.
- I am apart of the Creative Writing Club at CAVA (my school).
- I don’t utilize text language, so I never understand what my classmates + friends are saying. xD I always have to ask them what something means!
- I plan to participate in the NBB Summer Study again this year.
- I recently began watching pen pal videos on YouTube. There are SO many! Thus, I’m hoping to start pen paling some of my friends.
- My Sister + I are working on a special, secret project with some friends. Don’t ask any questions. 😉
- A couple of weeks ago, I got all 4 “Little Women” books by Louisa May Alcott for $14 at Half Price Books in a set!
- I’m hoping to take a couple of AP classes for my Junior year next year.
- I just entered in the National History Day competition.
- My family always teases me about how my handwriting looks micro tiny.
Phew! That actually was not too difficult. Anyway, now onto the nominees, who are not obligated to participate if they don’t want to. 🙂
Bella @ Bella Putt
Ryan @ Ryan Elizabeth Writes
Havalah @ Havalah Ruth Peirce
Laurel @ Laurel Jean
Amelie @ Swordmaiden of the King
Here are the questions!
- Currently, what is your favorite book?
- What do you enjoy about writing?
- Do you prefer hardcover or paperback books?
- Do you have any bookish pet peeves?
- What is your favorite book to movie adaption?
- What are your thoughts on “The Chronicles of Narnia,” if you’ve read the series?
- Do you have a specific place where you read and/or write? If so, where?
If you decide to participate, I cannot wait to see your post!
Your fellow bookworm,